Fuelrz Natural Muffins & Cafe is recruiting for a reliable and consistent Barista / Customer Service Associate to join our team in Gig Harbor & Silverdale. This position is responsible for food and beverage operations, as well as performing other responsibilities, to ensure the same product and service quality that customers know and trust from us.
- Welcomes customers and by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Outstanding attendance record and ability to work on call or as needed basis
- Outstanding initiative, decision making and customer recovery skills
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage priorities
- Commitment towards responsibilities and genuine willingness to learn
- Availability at least 16 hours per week
- Barista/Café Server: 1 year
- Food Handlers Permit for Washington State
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Focus
- Customer Service
- Basic Safety
- People Skills
- Action Oriented
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Client Relationships